Prospective Mentor Artist Database:
- Aaron Margolis / Ellsworth / Green woodworking, woodcarving – spoon + bowl carving / email@example.com / 207-469-5577
- Erica Moody / Waldoboro / Metals – hardware and utensils – power sanding, power tools, hand tools, fabrication, finishing engineering / firstname.lastname@example.org / 207-832-1777
REGISTER as a Prospective CAP Mentor Artist:
Maine craft artists interested in participating in the Craft Apprentice Program as a mentor artist but who do not currently have an apprentice with whom to apply may register to be listed in the database.
Deadline to apply for 2021 Program: December 9, 2020.
- Read the self-assessment list below to decide if you qualify and are interested.
- Express your interest via this GoogleForm.
- Be added to the Prospective Mentor Artist Database.
- Apprentices contact you directly.
- If a match is made, apply by deadline: December 9, 2020.
- Proceed as any other pair.
Self Assessment Tool:
- Do you consider yourself a highly experienced career craftsperson?
- Have you developed exceptional aesthetics and technique in your craft?
- Have you built a career around being a craft artist?
- Are you an active member of the craft community?
- Do you enjoy talking to others about your craft?
- Would you enjoy a 1:1 style of teaching?
- Have you developed a sense of value for business development, marketing and research which has furthered your career in craft?
- Do you have a studio that could be used for hosting and teaching your apprentice?
- Are you willing to be listed as a perspective CAP mentor artist and able to accommodate inquiries from prospective CAP apprentices?