The program offers concentrated peer-to-peer learning experiences for apprentices who demonstrate a commitment to further their abilities as specialized craft practitioners. They will accomplish this through a significant relationship with a master artist. The program will also serve to celebrate the role of the master/apprentice relationship as a way to generate creative entrepreneurship through the cultural sector.
It addresses the need for developing sustainability and resiliency in the craft sector by allowing craft artists to acquire new skills, tools and management habits that help them adapt to the changing environment of craft consumers.
- Providing makers with relevant and alternative educational experiences.
- Promoting and facilitating craft as a viable career path.
- Fostering deliberate mentoring.
- Facilitating professional development of emerging makers.
- Increasing pool of craft makers in the state.
- Providing makers with alternative means of professional funding.
- Develop and promote peer learning in the Maine craft community.
2016, 2017 Sponsor
Maine magazine is the exclusive 2016 & 2017 magazine sponsor of the Craft Apprentice Program and Exhibition.